Christmas Cards: Homemade or Store Brought?

Hi Everyone,

        The holidays are upon us! In a matter of 2 weeks Christmas will be here. So time to get started on your Christmas cards. If you have already sent your then you are ahead of the game. Me, I am working on mine as we speak. The big question is are you going to make them or buy them. I enjoy both, I cannot wait until the end of the season you can find some priced as low as $.30. This year I will be doing a mixture of both. Today will be talking about some of the things that you can use to make Christmas cards:

  • Cardstock
  • stamps
  • die cuts
  • envelopes
  • tape runner
  • washi tape
  • glitter glue stick

Below is the card that I made:


To make this I used a snowman die cut, glitter glue stick, tape runner, and 2 stamps

I used Washi Tape and a stamp on the envelope


Making cards can be a fun and easy process. Once you have selected all your items that you want to use on your card. You then start to build your card.

My first step was selecting my envelope and cardstock. Once I do that I make sure that my envelope and card fit together, which may require some trimming of your cardstock. I then used the tape runner to stick down my card. I used the glue stick to paste my snowman, from there stamped my images on the front and inside of my card. One tip is to let your glue and stamping from the front dry before stamping the inside. Once that is dry you can stamp your inside. Let them dry before signing and sending in your envelope. On the envelope I used simple washi tape and a stamp. Below are some stamps and die cuts you can use.





This card came made from a pack of cardstock

I added some stamping and a die cut and you have a beautiful card

I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know which ones your prefer homemade or store brought?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview and Giveaway with Melissa McClone (ends 5/3/17)

Spotlight on Archangel Series (Giveaway: *Signed Copy of Archangel's Enigma*)

Author Interview:The Highwayman's Bride by Jane Beckenham