Blog Spotlight: The Book Chick

Here on The Simple Things in Life we are going to interview fellow bloggers. My hope if that you will find a new blog to love. Now on the interview:

Today we have The Book Chick
 
Why did you start blogging?

I don’t have a profound reason for why I created my blog. People who enjoy reading my reviews suggested that I create my own space for them. After a year or so of hearing, “You should have a blog,” I decided to yield to peer pressure and take the plunge *smile*. I created a space where I could write how I felt about a book without censoring myself or fearing reprisal from Goodreads or Amazon trolls. Sure, there is always the potential for them to post on my blog but I control what posts go live on the site. Way more control that what is allowed on other sites.

How long have you been blogging?
Early October marks the one year anniversary for my blog – The BookChick Blog Reviews. However, I have been writing reviews on Goodreads since I joined the site in 2011.


Can you tell my readers a little bit about your blog?

My blog is just a humble little blog. I read books and write reviews. Sometimes I get brain bursts about particular issues and write about how I feel about it. I recently wrote an article titled, “Stop Author Abuse” and it scared me a bit when the post went viral. Authors and bloggers were commenting and sharing the post. It made me feel good that I could communicate thoughts and feelings shared by readers and authors alike.
I keep my blog simple because there are tons of other blogs out there. What makes my opinion better than the opinions offered on another blog? Nothing really. My reviews are succinct – not overly effusive with pictures, gifs, and emoticons. Oh sure, I use them on occasion but a review should be expressed in words and not pictures. What you’ll find on my blog is pure, honest, and spoiler and vitriol free reviews.


Who are some of your favorite authors?
Egads! Hard question! I am a diverse reader so I like many different genres. But, I’d say Patricia Cornwell and Nora Roberts, writing as J.D. Robb, for romantic suspense. I’m going to go with Dean Koontz for suspense thrillers. D.B. Reynolds, Jeaniene Frost, Laura Kaye, Rosanna Leo, Amanda Carlson, Thea Harrison, Dana Marie Bell, and J.D. Tyler for paranormal romance. Paranormal is my favorite genre so I have a ton more favorites but those are my absolutes. For contemporary romance, I’ll go with Elle Casey, Vi Keeland, Kristen Ashley, Belle Andre, Cherrie Lynn, Lauren Dane, and Raine Miller. And lastly, for steamy romance, I’m going with Stacey Kennedy, Sabrina York, E.R. Pierce, Maya Banks, Lainey Reese, and Jasinda Wilder. *Bites nails hoping that I didn’t leave anyone out* :)


What was the last book you read?
Marked (Howl #1) by Jennifer James

Describe yourself in 5 words?
Intelligent. Funny. Sarcastic. Caring. Creative.


Can you provide me with a link to your blog.
 
Be sure to check out The Book Chick Blog

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview and Giveaway with Melissa McClone (ends 5/3/17)

Spotlight on Archangel Series (Giveaway: *Signed Copy of Archangel's Enigma*)

Author Interview:The Highwayman's Bride by Jane Beckenham