What questions you should ask before renting a property?
You are now ready to take the next steps from your parents home to your own home. There are several things that you should consider when taking such a big step. First you may want to consider what type of property are you looking to rent a apartment, house, or mobile home? In each of the properties there are pros and cons to renting. Below is a list of items of questions to consider when renting each type of unit.
- Which level do you want to live on?
- What if you have loud neighbors, how do you plan on handling the situation?
- What amenities do they have?
- Can you have washer and dryer in the unit?
- If you have pets are they allowed and is there a deposit?
- How long is my lease for?
- Are you in a safe neighborhood?
- What utilities do I have to pay? (ex: trash, water, electric)
- Is there central air or do I need wall units?
- How do I heat my home?
- Where do I park?
- Do they allow animals and is there a deposit?
- When is my rent do, if you are late is there a added fee?
- How do they want the rent cash or check?
- Do I have to maintain the lawn?
- How safe if your neighborhood?
- How is the home heated (oil or propane or electric)
- If oil or propane (who pays you or the landlord)
- If oil or propane do your research on prices
- Do you need a lease with the mobile home park ( if applicable) and the landlord)
- Who pays for utilities?
- Who maintains the lawn?
There are many questions that you need to ask but these are just some starters. If I have left any out please post them in the comments.