You are now ready to take the next steps from your parents home to your own home. There are several things that you should consider whe...
What questions you should ask before renting a property?
You are now ready to take the next steps from your parents home to your own home. There are several things that you should consider when taking such a big step. First you may want to consider what type of property are you looking to rent a apartment, house, or mobile home? In each of the properties there are pros and cons to renting. Below is a list of items of questions to consider when renting each type of unit.
- Which level do you want to live on?
- What if you have loud neighbors, how do you plan on handling the situation?
- What amenities do they have?
- Can you have washer and dryer in the unit?
- If you have pets are they allowed and is there a deposit?
- How long is my lease for?
- Are you in a safe neighborhood?
- What utilities do I have to pay? (ex: trash, water, electric)
- Is there central air or do I need wall units?
- How do I heat my home?
- Where do I park?
- Do they allow animals and is there a deposit?
- When is my rent do, if you are late is there a added fee?
- How do they want the rent cash or check?
- Do I have to maintain the lawn?
- How safe if your neighborhood?
- How is the home heated (oil or propane or electric)
- If oil or propane (who pays you or the landlord)
- If oil or propane do your research on prices
- Do you need a lease with the mobile home park ( if applicable) and the landlord)
- Who pays for utilities?
- Who maintains the lawn?
There are many questions that you need to ask but these are just some starters. If I have left any out please post them in the comments.