Author interview with Erika Kathryn!!!



Author Interview with Erika Kathryn

Book Title: Audie the Angel and the Angel Army Vol. 1, Audie  the Angel and the Aging Plague Vol.2




1. What made you want to be a writer?

I have wanted to write for as long as I can remember.  This wasn’t something I just decided to try out one day, I have been doing this for more than a decade and I think it’s just my calling.  It’s the best way for me to be creative and I love the adventures you can go on with writing.  If writing was a choice for me, I would probably have avoided it because it is a tough industry!  But luckily for me, I can’t live without it.    

2. Who is your favorite author?

JK Rowling for many of the obvious reasons, but most especially because she is a really decent human being.  She has given back and paid it forward for years now and been such an inspiration.  She was really the reason I picked books back up when I was in college.  She made reading fun again for me and money can’t buy that.    

3. What is the name of the last book you read?

Funny you should ask!  I just started a new Middle Grade  Book Blog, called “Blogs of a Blonde Bookie” and I just posted my first book review on Cosmic Aviators—Nathaniel’s 1st Adventure by G.E.F. Neilson.  Such a great adventure in space with time travel and lovable characters!  The Author is fantastic!  You should stop in and see my review of it at: www.blondebookie.blogspot.com

 4. Tell us about yourself in 3 words?

Creative Mom, Creative Writer, and just plain Creative

5. What is your favorite activity?

Writing (of course) and watching movies!  I have the largest collection of DVD’s I’ve ever seen in person, I literally have a whole wall of bookshelves to hold all of my DVD’s.  They, by far, outnumber my books.

 6. If your book could be made into a movie which actors would you have play the main two characters?

I told the Illustrator, Bobby Hammer, that if Audie the Angel ever became a movie I would want to play the role of Audie’s Mother, Evangeline, so he drew the character on the cover of Volume 2 to look like me.  I think he did a great job!  As for Audie, I used to really want her to be Dakota Fanning, but she grew up too fast!

7. Who is your favorite character in your book?

In writing Volume 2 I really fell in love with Cave.  He’s got a lot of depth, and I love that there is more to him than meets the eye.  Although he is the “normal” Human in the story, he makes himself useful and he does more for Audie than the others can.  I also adore his mother who always blurts out crazy random lines such as, “What in the Tom-Turkey has happened to you, Cavey?”  

8. What's in your TBR ( to be read) pile?

I have several in the pile but I think I’m going with a Middle Grade Ghost Story for my next Book Review…and then for me personally, I would really love to read World War Z.  I’m a Zombie fanatic (hence the PG-rated Zombies in Audie the Angel and the Aging Plague).

 9. What are 3 of your pet peeves?

I can’t stand dirty snow (that’s a thing up here in Chicagoland).  I really hate seeing fanny packs and bad drivers drive me nuts!

10. What's your favorite ( cats or dogs), ( coffee or tea), and what's your favorite food?

I would have to choose dogs over cats, coffee for sure over tea (unless it’s sweet tea, then it’s a toss-up, I’m a Southern Girl!) and my favorite food is absolutely hands-down Sushi!  I could probably eat sushi every night and never get tired of it.

Thank you for having me here Keisha!

I invite all of you to come visit the official ANGEL ARCHIVES website at:  www.audietheangel.com  and get your paperback or e-book copies from Amazon!  Also, stop in and check out my Middle Grade Book Blog at: www.blondebookie.blogspot.com    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview and Giveaway with Melissa McClone (ends 5/3/17)

Spotlight on Archangel Series (Giveaway: *Signed Copy of Archangel's Enigma*)

Author Interview:The Highwayman's Bride by Jane Beckenham