Author Interview with Deborah Jay of The Prince's Man

 
Today I had the pleasure of interviewing Deborah Jay Author of The Prince's Man
 
 


1. What made you want to be a writer?
I’ve always been a storyteller, and as soon as I could read I wanted to be a writer to share those stories that are buzzing around inside my head. I devoured everything at the local library that involved space ships or magic, and I wrote my first book when I was 8 – Samantha, the Adventurous Poodle. Why a poodle? I’ve no idea, but she popped into my brain and demanded to be shared and I’ve been writing ever since.
 

2. Who is your favorite author?
Tricky – there are so many! If I must pick just one, then it will have to be Ursula Le Guin, doyen of science fiction and fantasy.

3. What is the name of the last book you read
‘Death by a Honeybee’ – along with my devotion to SFF. I love a good murder mystery and this was a great read.

4. Tell us about yourself in 3 words?
Busy, ginger, sporty

5. What is your favorite activity?
I’m a pro dressage rider during the day, so I guess that would be riding my horses Smile

6. If your book could be made into a movie? Which actors would you have play the main two characters?
Aiden Turner for my handsome leading man, Rustam, and Holliday Grainger for the aristocratic Lady Risada.

7. Who is your favorite character in your book?
Rustam, definitely. Although he has many flaws, he’s kind at heart and his vanity amuses me.

8. What's in your TBR ( to be read) pile?
Far too much! Amongst others: Soriel (Starfire Angels) by Melanie Nilles, Where Demons Dare by Kim Harrison, The Vampire Shrink by Lynda Hilburn,The Horse Dance by Jo Jo Moyes, The Torment of Others by Val McDermid, Fallon by Valerie Zambito, Practical Mischief by D. D. Scott, Surrender by Rhianon Paille, Blood Faerie by India Drummond, etc. etc. etc.!

9. What are 3 of your pet peeves?
People who push into queues (its a British thing), stupid driving, and people who don’t put things back after they’ve borrowed them.

10. What's your favorite ( cats or dogs), ( coffee or tea), and what's your favorite food?
Nope, can’t make that choice – cats, dogs, horses, small furry animals – love them all. Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon, so it depends on the time of day you ask me that question. Favourite food – white chocolate. If that doesn’t count as food, then it’s chicken
 
Thanks for taking the time to stop by Deborah!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview and Giveaway with Melissa McClone (ends 5/3/17)

Spotlight on Archangel Series (Giveaway: *Signed Copy of Archangel's Enigma*)

Author Interview:The Highwayman's Bride by Jane Beckenham