Please Help Support Leukemia & Lymphoma.

There are many great causes out there but when I read about Dana's story I wanted to help support. I realize that I wanted to help. I know October is typically associated with breast cancer but I'm here to share awareness about another type of cancer. Blood cancers like leukemia and lymphoma. Dana contacted me to share her story.

Dana's story: I lost one of my best friends to leukemia when he was 24. Until then, I thought leukemia was just a childhood cancer. I didn't even realize how many people got it in their 20s and 30s. I was inspired to fundraise in memory of my friend so that hopefully one day everyone will be a survivor. The more I've learned about blood cancers, the more inspired I became to do something.
 
The statistics are staggering:

-Approximately every 4 minutes one person in the United States is diagnosed with a blood cancer.
Approximately every 10 minutes, someone in the US dies from a blood cancer. This statistic represents nearly 150
people each day or more than six people every hour.

-Leukemia is the most common cancer in children and teens, accounting for almost 1 out of 3 cancers.

-The survival rate for myeloma is only 41.1 percent.

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is making great strides to change those statistics..The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.LLS receives no federal funding so every donation makes a difference. They have a slogan-someday is today. Instead of just wishing for a cure for cancer, we can make a difference today.
You can donate whatever you like. If 1,000 people dontated $1 that $1,000 we donated. So how about donating your coffee or tea money.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Interview and Giveaway with Melissa McClone (ends 5/3/17)

Spotlight on Archangel Series (Giveaway: *Signed Copy of Archangel's Enigma*)

Author Interview:The Highwayman's Bride by Jane Beckenham